SECOND PRINTING KICKSTARTER!!!

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

SECOND PRINTING KICKSTARTER!!!

Post by Jason Vey »

Okay, folks, I'm not sure how many of you were already aware of this, but our Kickstarter for the second printing went live and public today after a phenomenally successful soft opening on Friday!

The great news is that after the soft opening WE ARE ALREADY FUNDED for the second print of the game, which will be expanded and in HARDCOVER! But we're not done yet. This Kickstarter is also funding the Amazing Adventures Companion, a huge sourcebook that will blow the doors off the game, and the Amazing Adventures Manual of Monsters, a complete bestiary for the game. Currently, we need to hit stretch goals for these, too, to be in hardcover format, so I need YOUR HELP getting this done! Pledge your support to the game, and let's get all three of these puppies in hardcover format!

There's also some very, very cool future stretch goals in the works, should we hit that $21,000 mark.

You can find the Kickstarter at http://bit.ly/amazingrpg

You guys are the best. Thanks, as always, for your support of this game, which is very dear to me.

dachda
Lore Drake

Re: SECOND PRINTING KICKSTARTER!!!

Post by dachda »

The Grey Elf wrote:Okay, folks, I'm not sure how many of you were already aware of this, but our Kickstarter for the second printing went live and public today after a phenomenally successful soft opening on Friday!

The great news is that after the soft opening WE ARE ALREADY FUNDED for the second print of the game, which will be expanded and in HARDCOVER! But we're not done yet. This Kickstarter is also funding the Amazing Adventures Companion, a huge sourcebook that will blow the doors off the game, and the Amazing Adventures Manual of Monsters, a complete bestiary for the game. Currently, we need to hit stretch goals for these, too, to be in hardcover format, so I need YOUR HELP getting this done! Pledge your support to the game, and let's get all three of these puppies in hardcover format!

There's also some very, very cool future stretch goals in the works, should we hit that $21,000 mark.

You can find the Kickstarter at http://bit.ly/amazingrpg

You guys are the best. Thanks, as always, for your support of this game, which is very dear to me.

Ya got my $99 bucks! I want 'em all in hardcover. Great game.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

dachda wrote:Ya got my $99 bucks! I want 'em all in hardcover. Great game.
Thanks! Wait till you see the new printing--it's going to knock your socks off!!!

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

The Grey Elf wrote:
dachda wrote:Ya got my $99 bucks! I want 'em all in hardcover. Great game.
Thanks! Wait till you see the new printing--it's going to knock your socks off!!!
Ha! My wife will have already knocked my socks off when/if she finds out about the money I pledged!

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

If you guys can't contribute (or even if you already have), I'd ask that you all spread the word! Post it on message boards, blog about it, put it up on facebook and twitter, wherever you can think. Let's get some buzz going for this puppy! Pledges have dropped off somewhat since we went public. Let's get it going! C&C kickstarters have hit 25K plus! We can do it for AA, too!

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

I am in at $99. I am looking foward to it. I like the classes. Please add a conversion from AA to C&C. I would like to see your take on replacing firearms with lower tech weapons for some of the character class special abilities.

JLL

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

lobocastle wrote:I am in at $99. I am looking foward to it. I like the classes. Please add a conversion from AA to C&C. I would like to see your take on replacing firearms with lower tech weapons for some of the character class special abilities.
Also in at the "all three books" level.

Interestingly enough id be curious to see something similar. Id love to see some guidelines for importing C&C classes into AA. I've currently back ported a C&C cleric into my highly non standard AA game. Obviously this could be house ruled, but having guidelines or a discussion of the mechanical differences would be helpful.
The Grey Elf wrote:If you guys can't contribute (or even if you already have), I'd ask that you all spread the word! Post it on message boards, blog about it, put it up on facebook and twitter, wherever you can think.
Ive handed out the link to my whole gaming group and given them the whole: "If you haven't gotten around to buying this thing yet and continue to skate by, by looking at my copies, here is another good jumping on point." speech.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

There will be a discussion of using C&C with AA, but the truth is, using characters from one to the other is as easy as dropping them in. AA characters have been engineered using the same relative math that is used for C&C progressions, so they should be quite balanced. You'll notice that in the ancient weapons table in AA there are primitive weapons and they do the same damage as they do in C&C.

Characters from C&C don't generally work as "native" characters in a more modern game--if you drop them into an AA game, they should probably be dimensionally shifted from Aihrde or your fantasy world of choice. These characters would have C&C armor, and would just use the armor's AC instead of the Pulp Costume one. As they adapted to the modern age, they could perhaps pick up a second character class, allowing them access to modern weapons. The sidebar in AA allowing "tradeoff" of character levels would allow you to add a class, or alternately, use the normal multiclassing rules but keep in mind what level the new class's abilities are at. Thus, you'd keep the standard single progression with the next level being the combination of XP for each class plus 200 per level.

So a fourth level Fighter who picks up a level of Raider would essentially be a 5th level character and would need 20,301 XP to get to sixth level (2,101 for the Raider, 17,001 for the fighter, plus 1,200 for the 200 per level to get to sixth level; round the "02" at the end of 20,302 down to "01" just to keep it standard). He would currently have the abilities of a 4th level fighter and 1st level Raider; when he gets that 20,301 he would be a fifth level fighter and second level raider, but count as a 6th level character.

Dropping characters into C&C from AA to use them as native characters is possible; this would mean you'd have to give them a weapons and armor list. But once that's done, you're good to go. From where I sit, the Mentalist is a GREAT addition to a C&C game!

For general guidelines:

Arcanist: Wizard weapons and armor (In my home games I always house rule light crossbows as part of the wizard weapons list)
Gadgeteer: Cleric weapons and armor (Gnomes would make very cool Gadgeteers, wouldn't they?)
Gumshoe: Fighter weapons and armor
Hooligan: Rogue weapons and armor (the Hooligan is a bit redundant with the Rogue)
Mentalist: Druid weapons and armor
Pugilist: Monk weapons and armor (the Pugilist as it stands is a bit redundant with the Monk but is getting a facelift in the second print)
Raider: Ranger weapons and armor
Socialite: Bard weapons and armor

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

As the Kickstarter for Amazing Adventures continues, we got to wondering "Who is your favorite pulp hero?" Take the poll! http://bit.ly/pulpheroes

lobocastle
Red Cap

Post by lobocastle »

Grey Elf,

Thanks for the recommendations on the AA to C&C conversions. I like the Gumshoe and Raider class because they can fight well but also have several other skills that come in handy. I like the idea of intelligent fighters.

JLL

trashheap
Ungern

Post by trashheap »

The Grey Elf wrote:There will be a discussion of using C&C with AA, but the truth is, using characters from one to the other is as easy as dropping them in. AA characters have been engineered using the same relative math that is used for C&C progressions, so they should be quite balanced. You'll notice that in the ancient weapons table in AA there are primitive weapons and they do the same damage as they do in C&C.
AA attributes, tend to be a bit higher than default C&C attributes, no? (Comparing the CKG point buy to AA point buy) You can put the C&C classes on the new scale, but its something to think about if pulling in existing characters whole cloth.
The Grey Elf wrote: Characters from C&C don't generally work as "native" characters in a more modern game--if you drop them into an AA game, they should probably be dimensionally shifted from Aihrde or your fantasy world of choice. These characters would have C&C armor, and would just use the armor's AC instead of the Pulp Costume one.
Id love to see guidelines for say, C&C character classes using pulp armor.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

trashheap wrote:AA attributes, tend to be a bit higher than default C&C attributes, no? (Comparing the CKG point buy to AA point buy) You can put the C&C classes on the new scale, but its something to think about if pulling in existing characters whole cloth.
The only change that needs to be made there is roll for attributes. Remember, nothing in the CKG is core. It's all optional. So use the C&C or AA ability generation method for all characters and you're good to go. It makes no difference whatsoever in play.
Id love to see guidelines for say, C&C character classes using pulp armor.
It'd work exactly like AA classes with pulp armor. In the second print, there will be no armor lists for classes in AA. Since all classes will cap at +7 AC it doesn't matter how you get there. Also, the new rule will be that players aren't to look at the book when detailing their pulp costume. They will simply describe the costume to the GM, who will then assign them an AC, using guidelines in the book with possible bonuses for coolness factor.