Equipment book?

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
marroon69
Mist Elf

Equipment book?

Post by marroon69 »

I thought I read some where there was an extended equipment and weapons book for C&C? I have been unable to find it just wonder if it exists?

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Equipment book?

Post by Arduin »

marroon69 wrote:I thought I read some where there was an extended equipment and weapons book for C&C? I have been unable to find it just wonder if it exists?

CASTELLAN’S GUIDE TO THE ARMS & ARMOR
OF THE EARLY MEDIEVAL PERIOD
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

There was also a fan-produced "Beyond the CKG" by yours falsely. It is no longer available.

[Edit]

To clarify...

Not available because I can't find it myself. It's not on the hard drive. Maybe I can find it on an old DVD.

jdizzy001
Ulthal

Post by jdizzy001 »

I have mongooses ultimate equipment guide. It isn't cnc but it is d20.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

jdizzy001 wrote:I have mongooses ultimate equipment guide. It isn't cnc but it is d20.
I not only have the one for C&C, but the one done by Kenzer, as well as the one done, recently, for Pathfinder, as well as similar books done for Paladium Fantasy. Of them all, the Kenzer book is my favorite. It is D20 as well.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

The Trolls are putting out an updated and expanded arms and armor guide as one of the stretch goal bonuses from their recent kickstarter. No release date has been provided yet.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

marroon69
Mist Elf

Post by marroon69 »

Oh I forgot about that...I am a backer! Thanks for the reminder

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I remember that Ultimate Equipment Guide from Mongoose. Never bought it. Sometimes I think, "Ooooo, I've got to have 200 pages of equipment." For most game sessions, probably not. Still wouldn't mind seeing some ultimate equipment tome for C&C either way.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I like Kenzers the best, because it has everything I can imagine, and a lot more that I wouldn't imagine. The Pathfinder one is close to being the same way. So if the Trolls do it, and use those two books as their "model", I'd buy it.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Wasn't there an old 2.e Forgotten Realms book made like an old sears mail order catalog?
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

I have two of the ones that Palladium put out several years ago. The Book of Weapons & Armor and the Book of Weapons & Castles. They are written to be used in any RPG and are OK but nothing great. They are both available under $10 in print so they are cheap. Honestly the gear in the C&C PH is fine. You shouldn't need much more. But the Troll's own CASTELLAN’S GUIDE TO THE ARMS & ARMOR OF THE EARLY MEDIEVAL PERIOD is a sufficient addition and available cheaply in PDF.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Lurker wrote:Wasn't there an old 2.e Forgotten Realms book made like an old sears mail order catalog?
Aurora's Whole Realms Catalog.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

serleran wrote:
Lurker wrote:Wasn't there an old 2.e Forgotten Realms book made like an old sears mail order catalog?
Yes, and I have that too. I'd love to see one done up for Aihrde.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Been slowly working on an equipment book after losing the last one. Maybe in a few months.... Well, maybe faster, now that I have a lot of the mundane weapons / armor back.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

My favorite was the 2e Arms & Equipment guide. I would love to see a C&C take on it.
Lord Skystorm

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

serleran wrote:

Yeah that is it! I liked some if it, but other things were a bit out of my like envelope (my preference for more historic realistic fantasy games)

Julian Grimm wrote:My favorite was the 2e Arms & Equipment guide. I would love to see a C&C take on it.

Oh I'd forgotten that one. I liked it too.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Warunsun
Hlobane Orc

Post by Warunsun »

Julian Grimm wrote:My favorite was the 2e Arms & Equipment guide. I would love to see a C&C take on it.
The 2nd edition and 3rd edition version of that book is available on DNDClassics.com. The Whole Realms catalog is also. I don't think conversion would be much effort by an experienced CK. You could probably do it on the fly.

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

serleran wrote:Been slowly working on an equipment book after losing the last one. Maybe in a few months.... Well, maybe faster, now that I have a lot of the mundane weapons / armor back.
Image Image Image
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax

Zudrak
Lore Drake

Post by Zudrak »

Same here and I agree. I never used it until someone, probably my brother, brought it to our 3e gaming table.
Psalm 73:26

"Knowledge, logic, reason, and common sense serve better than a dozen rule books."

"Rules not understood should have appropriate questions directed to the publisher; disputes with the Dungeon Master are another matter entirely. THE REFEREE IS THE FINAL ARBITER OF ALL AFFAIRS OF HIS OR HER CAMPAIGN."
-- E. Gary Gygax