New Amazing Adventures Printing

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
Piperdog
Unkbartig

New Amazing Adventures Printing

Post by Piperdog »

So I didn't see this anywhere yet, but since I have my pdf of the new printing I just wanted to say it is fantastic. Jason really worked his tail off on this thing, and it is revised and better than before. For example, the pugilist was revamped to be more westernized and less like the monk class, and I love what he did there. If you didn't get in on the kickstarter, you have to invest in at least the pdf. So far my only complaint is that the font is so small, even smaller than the original I think, which is an editorial choice, not Jason's. I would think that with the newer C&C line getting the royal treatment with not only color, but larger easier to read font, would translate to all the new kickstarter books, especially a new game like AA. I wouldn't complain about this normally, but I am getting old and blind. :shock: I reallllly expected this book to have a larger font. Okay...old man complaining is over. Back to the coolness.

So far, this game is rock solid, with lots of features to port over to your C&C game. I normally use skill based systems for my pulp adventures (Gurps, Savage Worlds, etc) but I just really dig the feel of this thing and am going to run some games for the family and the next con. Excellent work Jason! I am really looking forward to the companion for this.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Re: New Amazing Adventures Printing

Post by tylermo »

Still haven't seen the new one yet.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Yeah, Pete opted to reduce the font size and do some other creative spacing tricks to keep the page count the same. The new printing is actually about 30,000 words longer (more content) than the first print. The goal, I believe, was to keep the book still very readable (and I actually like the new layout, overall) but save you guys some bucks by not having to pay for a higher page count.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Just to clarify, here, they re-laid out the PDF with a larger font size comparable to that in the new C&C books. This better reflects the expanded content and makes it a LOT easier to read.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

Do we have an estimate on how long before the hardcover comes out?

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Hey, everyone,

Sorry I keep being away for extended periods. If I can be brutally honest, I always just forget to check forums these days. It's a bad habit I need to break.

The core book and monster book are at press now. The companion has just completed layout and should be headed into Steve's hands soon for PDF release, with print to follow shortly thereafter. If you are not following us at Facebook, you should be--we post daily (or almost) with things that are inspirational for your game, info about the pulps in general, and all the news updates you can shake a stick at for AA. Peter Bradley, in fact, just posted the finished cover art for the Companion today.

We can be found at https://www.facebook.com/amazingadventuresrpg

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm not on FB, so could that material get cross posted to the G+ TLG community?
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Treebore wrote:I'm not on FB, so could that material get cross posted to the G+ TLG community?

It should be getting cross-posted. I think Joey Mullins is handling that. I'm not on G+. I really abhor everything about that service.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

I'm liking the new Quickstart rules. I'm pretty amped about see the changes, additions, and clarifications.

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Omote wrote:I'm liking the new Quickstart rules. I'm pretty amped about see the changes, additions, and clarifications.

~O
Quickstart rules? For AA? I know there were rules for Victorious released, but I don't think we've released new AA Quickstart rules.

Or are you talking about Ashton and the Augments, which was released awhile back (I think as a stretch goal with the C&C kickstarter)? If so, that was for the first printing of AA, though the module will still work just fine.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Oppsie! It was for Vic. Y'all forums look alike! ;)

~O
@-Duke Omote Landwehr, Holy Order of the FPQ ~ Prince of the Castles & Crusades Society-@
VAE VICTUS!

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Now it's time for a QS for AAs new printing!

~O
VAE VICTUS!

Jason Vey
Grey Elf Troll

Post by Jason Vey »

Omote wrote:Now it's time for a QS for AAs new printing!

~O
We are working on it, actually!

New reviews on the Manual of Monsters, Rise of the Red God, and Companion have been posted!

Manual of Monsters review: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_i ... _id=144875

Rise of the Red God Review: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews_i ... _id=145284 (this actually seems to be a review of the original Temple of the Red God - Rise has two additional adventures in it for a complete mini-campaign (or full campaign if you've got the stones for it!) in 3 parts!)

AA Companion Review: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_reviews.p ... _id=150169