Best place to put stuff up for sale?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Best place to put stuff up for sale?

Post by Go0gleplex »

As things roll along in life I find that financial circumstances force me to part with one of my coveted items. :cry:

As such, where might I see the best return for selling such a thing? I have my copy of Castle Zagyg Upper Works on the block. If it were in any better condition it would still be in the shrink wrap. I've read it once and its been in protected storage since. Going to at least match eBay.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Best place to put stuff up for sale?

Post by Tadhg »

Interesting.

I also have one that I was thinking of selling and wondered if I might try to hold an auction here for our C&C forum brethren rather than ebay . . knowing that it would generate less funds to buy, but I think that I would rather have our forums member get a better chance at a good price.

Still unsure how to proceed . . so, just thinking out loud. But I surely understand going for the market price.

:)
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I'd give folks here first crack at it myself Rhu, but unfortunately I need the funds. Life has been rather expensive lately. Fortunately the last of one of the drains should be done tomorrow.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

Well Google you could give the boards a few days to see if anyone has enough for it and do the payment through paypal if you have it, otherwise ebay as far as I'm aware is going to be your best bet

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

If anyone here is interested in it PM me, $425 and I'll deal with the shipping. Is in near mint condition. It'll go up on ebay in a couple weeks otherwise.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

$425?!? Holy crap, I should sell one of my copies.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Treebore wrote:$425?!? Holy crap, I should sell one of my copies.
I've seen them going from 400-500, though someone is trying to sell a brand new copy on Amazon for 1k.

Dracyian
Unkbartig

Post by Dracyian »

I did a quick ebay search and saw it for 300 and died inside, I want to at least look at one but don't think it will happen anytime soon

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Go0gleplex wrote:
Treebore wrote:$425?!? Holy crap, I should sell one of my copies.
I've seen them going from 400-500, though someone is trying to sell a brand new copy on Amazon for 1k.

:shock: :shock: 1k .... :o I wouldn't pay that much for most of the guns I want/need ....

Go0, good luck on selling it, Hope it does get you out of the bind and gets you into smoother waters.
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Michael Montalto
Ungern

Post by Michael Montalto »

I've always thought about buying this but knowing that it's incomplete makes me stop and not purchase it. It always bothered me that Gary couldn't complete this and while I totally understand his wife's position on the matter, I feel like it was the crown jewel that we all know is there, that unfortunately can't ever be inserted into the crown in it's current format.

If it were a complete adventure, I would have been happy to pay the high cost. Unfortunately, knowing that it's not complete makes me pass.

Good luck on selling it for fair market value to you.

-mM

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

There is a copy on ebay now with a Buy It Now price of $399.00. Go00gleplex, you might want to put that on Watch to see what it ends up selling for.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I knew some were going in the low 300, but have they gotten 450-500 crazy?

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Yeah. Some of the prices are wild, but just shows how rare it has become. Can come down to 350 but then the buyer would have to deal with the shipping too. Going to give up my five boxes of Dwarven Forge sets (original stuff from the late 90s) all in original boxes and like new condition (once used). Probably do 90$ for the big sets and 75$ for the smaller sets. Take a loss on that stuff but it's not doing me good sitting in a storeroom. Master Maze: (1) Cavern Set, (1) Room and Corridor set, (1) Wicked Additions I & II, (1) Octoganal Room Set.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Go0gleplex wrote:Yeah. Some of the prices are wild, but just shows how rare it has become. Can come down to 350 but then the buyer would have to deal with the shipping too. Going to give up my six boxes of Dwarven Forge sets (original stuff from the late 90s) all in original boxes and like new condition (once used). Probably do 90$ for the big sets and 75$ for the smaller sets. Take a loss on that stuff but it's not doing me good sitting in a storeroom.
If I wasn't coming off of 3 months of financial hard ship I'd be interested in the DF sets.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

I would possibly sell a CZ:UW, but I only have one copy. I constantly lament that there was never a pdf. :(

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Is okay Tree. I know most folks here are in pretty much the same position.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Okay. thanks for the advice guys. Listed stuff on ebay which will kick off on Friday.

thenorthman
Hlobane Orc

Post by thenorthman »

Yea it is Noble Knight Games listing the one for $399 on eBay. Which they recently increased their price. It has been sitting at $350....

I have been following it for some time. From past sells on eBay think the going rate is around $300. Of course you will always find the buyer who wants it sooner.

Heck just saw a living for CZ13 from a released PDF (his copy of the PDF died in his old computer I guess) but he is selling the printed pages of that PDF. It was never released in any other format.....for $150.....

But unfortunately if he has the paper copy he printed out he can make a PDF of it again so.......not willing to fork out $150 for it. Cause he could just do it again and again....I would probably of done $30 for a paper copy.....

Its been a little while since a actual copy of Upper Works has sold on eBay and wasn't at $399 but closer to $300. But could be up there by now...

Me personally keeping watch for around $250... :O) Maybe.....

The CZ13 East Corner PDF (Just learned that was even an item.....), Castle Zagyg Dark Chateau, and then the Castle Zagyg Upper Works.....

Maybe some day....just got the Store Front booklet a couple months ago.... :O)

Good Luck though! If there wasn't another Kickstarter coming up September 10th of Classic Monster 2nd edition I MIGHT of jumped on it....(Plus the fact ordered a small army worth of t-shirts and mugs.... :O)

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

thenorthman wrote: Heck just saw a living for CZ13 from a released PDF (his copy of the PDF died in his old computer I guess) but he is selling the printed pages of that PDF. It was never released in any other format.....for $150.....
THAT is illegal, even with the PDF not being for sale. US copyright law explicitly says if your selling a printed copy of a PDF, you must sell the PDF along with it. Then delete it from all of your systems. So even if he claims to no longer have the PDF, he cannot legally sell it.

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

tylermo wrote:I would possibly sell a CZ:UW, but I only have one copy. I constantly lament that there was never a pdf. :(
Legal pdf you mean.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

dachda wrote:
tylermo wrote:I would possibly sell a CZ:UW, but I only have one copy. I constantly lament that there was never a pdf. :(
Legal pdf you mean.

I have a hand scanner, I have all the legal PDF's I want of my printed material. :D

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

I have the East Corner module and it's excellent. Joe is an excellent fellow. He and I gamed with Gary some years ago.

But, $150 for the PDF!!

Asinine ridiculous . . . as are the prices for those other auxiliary CZ modules.

:roll:
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

Wow. Up less than a day and already 3 of the DF sets sold. Now if everything else does as well.

Edit: All the Dwarven Forge stuff is gone already. :shock: :D