Custom made mini's

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Custom made mini's

Post by Arduin »

I was searching for a place that makes custom RPG mini's and ran across this one:
http://immortalise.com.au/custom-rpg-minis/ (yes, I know about heroforge but I don't want cartoonish looking mini's).

I ordered an unpainted mini made for $45. I'll let ya'll know how it went after I receive it. which will take a while as I ordered cheap shipping from Down Under to the U.S.
Old age and treachery will overcome youth and skill

House Rules

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Custom made mini's

Post by Arduin »

The mini is almost done. This one is for one of my players. Just some more work on the base and cloak.

House Rules

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Cost is prohibitive for me though I like the idea of getting special made-to-order. It looks good.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

serleran wrote:Cost is prohibitive for me though I like the idea of getting special made-to-order. It looks good.
Yes, it is pricey but, the lowest cost of all I have researched. The next price up was ~$110 per figure.

I consider it to be a service for making a gift for another (as this piece pictured is) rather than for populating my GM mini collection.

House Rules

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I imagine, and rightfully so, that the level of customization is a factor for price. Is it like a "choose basic form, add weapon and armor, and pose" or do you get a more minute detail choice?

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

serleran wrote:I imagine, and rightfully so, that the level of customization is a factor for price. Is it like a "choose basic form, add weapon and armor, and pose" or do you get a more minute detail choice?
On this site I got to describe the mini.

Basically asked for:
dwarf
plate armor
full helm (closed)
large round shield
specified the weapon (with pic)
cloak to knee length
exact pose specified
Sword sheathed on left side
dagger sheathed on right side

House Rules

Egg of Coot
Hlobane Orc

Post by Egg of Coot »

I've painted a ton of stuff for a client who deals exclusively with Hero Forge. The miniatures aren't bad - no "cartoony" figs yet - but I really don't understand all the hype surrounding them. What you get really doesn't justify the price point IMHO. The steel figures, in particular, aren't worth the cost simply because the detail level is terrible.

The Egg

PrimEvil Studios is on Facebook. Click here to become a fan.

Arduin
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Arduin »

Egg of Coot wrote:I've painted a ton of stuff for a client who deals exclusively with Hero Forge. The miniatures aren't bad - no "cartoony" figs yet - but I really don't understand all the hype surrounding them. What you get really doesn't justify the price point IMHO. The steel figures, in particular, aren't worth the cost simply because the detail level is terrible.

The Egg
Problem with HF is, limited choice (I could get a mini with a full helm for example), and the sculptures have never seen real armor or weapons and thus cannot sculpt them.

House Rules