Victorious is shipping!

Forum for discussion of Victorious, the upcoming Siege Engine RPG

Moderator: DMMike

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Victorious is shipping!

Post by Go0gleplex »

Still waiting darn it. Backer 32. Hoping it comes today...or it may very well have gone to the old address. Come on post office! Make my weekend! lol

edit: They didn't make my weekend. :cry:

:mrgreen:
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I have yet to check today, but as of yesterday, still not here.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Me either. ;)

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

None for me yet... can't wait for it to arrive.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

My watch continues...
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

tylermo
Greater Lore Drake

Post by tylermo »

Nothing at my house either. I briefly perused the products at GenCon, but was too busy working the booth to get a long look at Victorious.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

now I know why it is called SNAIL mail. Still waiting. dang.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

FINALLY got mine!
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

My wife texted me a photo of a package from Stephen Chenault that arrived at my house today. Whatever could it be...
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Harlock
Ungern

Post by Harlock »

Buttmonkey wrote:My wife texted me a photo of a package from Stephen Chenault that arrived at my house today. Whatever could it be...
Ten foot pole first. You never know.
~~~~~R.I.P~~~~~
Tom Moldvay
Nov. 5, 1948 – March 9, 2007
B/X, B4, X2 - You were D&D to me

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

Harlock wrote:
Buttmonkey wrote:My wife texted me a photo of a package from Stephen Chenault that arrived at my house today. Whatever could it be...
Ten foot pole first. You never know.
I rolled the dice and just opened it. Victorious!

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Great to hear everyone!

...now when will I get a set? probably next year. :P
LOL!

Mike

narpet
Red Cap

Post by narpet »

Received mine today. Very nice. The extras are great. I've only paged through it so far, but I'm excited to hopefully get to play with the family soon.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Let us know how it goes? We still have no hardcopies, but from the pdfs things seem good. If I had one thing I would wish otherwise, it would be for Phantasmagoria to have more pics of the characters. The appearance is described of course, but I know images work best for this genre. ;)

Mike

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'm upset. The editing is an embarrassment. I haven't done a direct comparison, but I think the errors are the exact same as the initial PDF we backers were given. Plus most of the mistakes are amateur errors, such as not separating words. Its like the Trolls took several steps back towards the first printing of the PHB. The Trolls did not use a corrected PDF. Errors I submitted are still in there. Very, very disappointing.

Aside from the editing being an embarrassment, its great to finally have a print copy to learn the rules from.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

I'm sorry to hear that, though I still don't have any print product myself so can't answer immediate concerns. :(

Mike, wondering what he did in a previous life to get this karma!

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

Tree, if you're embarrassed, may I be embarrassed with you? I know after I sent the manuscript back, Mike and I were shooting corrections to Peter non-stop, along with the things you and the other playtesters noticed. Even so, I didn't think I did such a bad job as to miss obvious things a spell checker would find.

Guess I was wrong. I apologize for letting everyone down.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I'm upset. The editing is an embarrassment. I haven't done a direct comparison, but I think the errors are the exact same as the initial PDF we backers were given. Plus most of the mistakes are amateur errors, such as not separating words. Its like the Trolls took several steps back towards the first printing of the PHB. The Trolls did not use a corrected PDF. Errors I submitted are still in there. Very, very disappointing.

Aside from the editing being an embarrassment, its great to finally have a print copy to learn the rules from.
That's odd, as I didn't notice anything that was too glaring of a mistake in my copy. Weird.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Traveller wrote:Tree, if you're embarrassed, may I be embarrassed with you? I know after I sent the manuscript back, Mike and I were shooting corrections to Peter non-stop, along with the things you and the other playtesters noticed. Even so, I didn't think I did such a bad job as to miss obvious things a spell checker would find.

Guess I was wrong. I apologize for letting everyone down.
Oh, I know it wasn't you. I am pretty sure Steve screwed up and used an earlier PDF version rather than the actual updated/corrected one.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:
Treebore wrote:I'm upset. The editing is an embarrassment. I haven't done a direct comparison, but I think the errors are the exact same as the initial PDF we backers were given. Plus most of the mistakes are amateur errors, such as not separating words. Its like the Trolls took several steps back towards the first printing of the PHB. The Trolls did not use a corrected PDF. Errors I submitted are still in there. Very, very disappointing.

That's odd, as I didn't notice anything that was too glaring of a mistake in my copy. Weird.

R-
Read it slowly. Its simple errors, for the most part. Words not separated are most of them. So if your reading "at speed", your probably not noticing. Plus it isn't like its tons of them. Maybe a dozen, that I have found. Out of the 40 or so pages I have read. I got too irritated to keep reading last night.