Welcome to The Portal!

A place to discuss the newly formed Portal subscription service -- Through the Portal you will find everything you need to play a game of Castles & Crusades, Amazing Adventures, Tainted Lands and all the games TLG creates and all future content.
timburns
Ulthal

Welcome to The Portal!

Post by timburns »

The Portal is a subscription service that allows you to access the mountains of material published by Troll Lord Games. Through the Portal you will find everything you need to play a game of Castles & Crusades, Amazing Adventures, Tainted Lands and all the games TLG creates. Also find the World of Aihrde, Inzae, fiction, other games… in short all the material extracted from the many books, modules, digital content, and journals published by Troll Lord Games. But that’s not all. The portal will include ALL FUTURE CONTENT as well. We’ll still publish books, but you’ll have fast access here! As we release new content, we’ll upload it to the portal.

The purpose is to give you quick and easy access to the many games and worlds of Troll Lord Games.

The Portal will be easy to access via your phone, tablet, IPad, laptop or desktop.

What do you get with your subscription?

So for your monthly subscription, you’ll have easy access to everything. Right there at the gaming table, whether at conventions, on the road, in your own house, it’s all quick and easy.

Do you want to know more? Your membership begins with a 10 Day FREE trial. You can cancel your account and you won’t be charged. Stay a member, and you’ll be charged each month for $5.99. Try it here for free! http://www.tlgportal.com

timburns
Ulthal

Re: Welcome to The Portal!

Post by timburns »

Has anyone tried it out yet? We'd love some feedback on it. We are still building up the content, but the layout tells you basically what will be in there, etc. We worked hard to try and make it user friendly and intuitive, but we'd still love to hear your suggestions.

trechriron
Mist Elf

Post by trechriron »

Just gave it a whirl. This has potential!

I would suggest using the pagination option to include more content as pages versus the pop-up/buttons. You can fit more content on the page screen and easily navigate to other topics. I would include a larger heading at the top (if possible) of the content so as you page you know where you are (IE: Cleric - Turn Undead, where Cleric would be the first page...). For spells the current way seems best. Maybe the pop-ups width could be increased so you only ever have to vertical scroll? OR if the button displayed content in the main "page" window without a pop-up...

The link on the main site goes to https but throws an error. The link on the forums is just http, and that works. You may want to either a) get a cert and secure the portal site or b) update all links to http. Check out https://letsencrypt.org/ for a free option I have used to good effect on my sites.

The Half-Orc has a strange ability called "Marital Prowess" where the description hardly matches the title. I was at first intrigued that Half-Orcs had such social proficiency...

The artwork is snazzy! Very simple and inviting tool, and as was mentioned in another post, super fast!

I look forward to seeing more content. OH. And the price is outstanding. :-D
Trentin C Bergeron
Bard, Dreamer, RPG Enthusiast
My Blog

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

What happened with the Portal? It is advertised as having all of Troll Lords material available for the monthly subscription price. I just signed up for a free ten day trial, only to discover there's barely anything available. Of the PHB, I only see Player Classes, Races, the armor and equipment tables and the spells. For Castle Keeper Material there is a haphazard grouping of five bits of the CKG and some maps from the early Aihrde adventures. Nothing from the M&T. Nothing from any other C&C books at all.

Then it gives the Amazing Adventures Classes, and equipment tables, and the AA spells. But nothing else about AA.

The World of Aihrde is "Coming soon".

then we get five fiction stories from the Storyteller's Anthology.

It all ends with 5th Editon "coming soon"

I clicked buttons all over the place trying to find the rest of the advertised content. Either it was never put up, or the links are all missing.

As it is this is an embarrassment for the Trolls, and a rip-off for their customers.

Trolls, take it down until you truly do have all the gaming content available.

I'm off now to cancel my Portal account before my card is charged in ten days.

EDIT: When I asked to cancel my subscription I heard from Tim. He acknowledged the Trolls should take this down. But as with everything with the Trolls things often move at a snail's pace. I do love the Trolls products and pretty much own everything they've published. So my comments are a bit of tough love. Instead of doing their own Portal, perhaps if there is any time/energy with the Trolls to do something digital, they should expand the offerings at Fantasy Grounds. Or make some stuff available to Lone Wolf, for Hero Labs and Realm Works.

Piperdog
Unkbartig

Post by Piperdog »

I have been away from gaming for some time (went back to college full time while working 50 hours a week at my job....yeah I know, it's a death wish). So it is sad to come back and see a cool thing like the portal (which I was going to try today) and read that it is floundering. It sounds like such a cool idea though. Maybe they can kick it in gear and get it rolling back on track?

Spade Marlowe
Ungern

Post by Spade Marlowe »

I wonder how many subscribers there actually were (I was one for awhile). I'm just assuming that simple economics is at play.

DMMike
Unkbartig

Post by DMMike »

Well, for what its worth I've been working with a fellow to get U1 Shadows of the Halfling Hall and U2/3 Verdant Rage up on Fantasy Grounds. Its U2/.3 because VR started as U3, but is now reprinted as U2. Dunno what happened to the original U2?

Mike
The Save for Half Podcast: Old School RPGs Reviewed
http://www.saveforhalf.com

Victorious: Steampunk Adventure in the Age of SuperMankind
http://www.victoriousrpg.com

dachda
Lore Drake

Post by dachda »

It will be great to see more C&C on Fantasy Grounds, thanks for making that happen.

DMMike wrote:Well, for what its worth I've been working with a fellow to get U1 Shadows of the Halfling Hall and U2/3 Verdant Rage up on Fantasy Grounds. Its U2/.3 because VR started as U3, but is now reprinted as U2. Dunno what happened to the original U2?

Mike