Bergholt Adventure, Monster Undefined

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
troyignatius
Henchman

Bergholt Adventure, Monster Undefined

Post by troyignatius »

I am currently running my group through the adventure in the Bergholt book that came out earlier this year, By Shadow of Night, and when they get tot he Klinker, one of the rooms has 2 creatures called "LURENSPOTZ" in it. The book says they are defined later in a "New Monsters" section but there is no section I can find. What are these creatures?

The book indicates that they have flight and camouflage and that they attach with constriction. Is this some kind of cloaker monster?

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Bergholt Adventure, Monster Undefined

Post by Traveller »

I'll have to check my notes, but it looks like my note to the Trolls regarding the monster went unheeded.

Traveller
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Traveller »

According to my copy of the manuscript, this was intended to be similar to the lurker above. If you have access to the AD&D stats for the creature, use those to flesh out the creature.

To point out, I noted in the manuscript that there wasn't a "new monsters" section and that one needed to be added, and this guy put in it. Guess we know how that worked out.

troyignatius
Henchman

Post by troyignatius »

Thank you Traveller, that is what I ended up doing, which worked out well, the players liked it a lot and were not expecting it at all.

I also noticed that the map on page 71 in Chapter 7 (same area) appears to only show up to room 11, though the descriptions have rooms up to 13. Do we know what happened to the other two room - arguably the more important rooms since they appear to be where the main action is? I am probably just going to make something up for the game session but it seems like these should be on the map.