Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Join a game of C&C either through Play by Post, email or IRS Chat!
Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Re: Monday Night Kingdoms of Kalamar Game

Post by Lurker »

try 18 ....

I more than likely won't be able to play tonight ... It has been over an hour just for me to get the reply window to open and try to post a reply.

Then this is the 7th time I've tried to reply ...

Tell Mrs Tree happy birth day
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm running about 15 minutes late, but still plan on running the game.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

sorry about last night, apparently, my ISP's system had again messed up. It was switching us between 2 towers and not letting us lock onto either one ... I will be SO glad when they finally lay the fiber optic cable in my area !!!

How was the game, what did I miss ???
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:sorry about last night, apparently, my ISP's system had again messed up. It was switching us between 2 towers and not letting us lock onto either one ... I will be SO glad when they finally lay the fiber optic cable in my area !!!

How was the game, what did I miss ???
Nothing. We BSed all evening.

I will be running Aces and Eights for the next two weeks. I am hoping to wrap up Aces and Eights in 5 or less sessions and get Victorious started.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Still sucks to have missed it, a good BS session with no gaming is still much better than looking at my computer, wondering why I can't get the net to work, wanting to toss the modem out into the pasture s the neighbors sheep and donkeys can eat it, and dreaming about shooting the people the run the local ISP ...

Sound good on A&8 then Victorious. I enjoy the game and your story arc, but I also look forward to trying victorious too!

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Guys, I'm sorry to have to do this, but I have to put my game on hold until after Labor Day. I'm putting all gaming on hold until after Labor Day. My work schedule took a crazy jump and I'll be working every day until 7 pm and only have Saturdays off to work on my renovations. I have to have a functional kitchen by the time school starts (August 28), so all of my "free" time will be spent working on the kitchen. I'm hoping to be back once school starts up again.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Here's the skinny:

While I was on vacation, it was decided that I would take over a case while the regular TSS was recovering from surgery. This case is extremely tough. 20 year old, deaf, autistic, and mentally disabled (basically the mind of a 7 year old). He is known to get violent at times. He has 30 hours a week and they office told me to keep my other clients as well (13 hours combined), just change their times to evenings. I went from 30 hours a week between the 2 jobs to 50 hours between the 2 (that's with cutting back to Sundays only at the Market). I just found out yesterday that he broke his old TSS's arm at one point. And they were thinking of giving me another client on top of that... I said no.

These next 3 weeks are going to be the best ever. :roll:

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I bet his old TSS maneuvers to keep you as the clients TSS.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:I bet his old TSS maneuvers to keep you as the clients TSS.
Can't, it would conflict with school. I'd leave the agency first.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

:shock: :shock: :shock:

& I now remember why I was glad to get away from the classroom at Thunderbird, and why my girls will NEVER go to public school ....

Take a breath, keep your head down, push through and do your best to embrace the suck ....

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Just to touch base with everyone, I aim to return after Labor Day (Sept 4). Plus I just got a new laptop, so I'm trying to get that set up the way I like it (in all of my 5 mins of free time). The kitchen is progressing. The cabinets are set (except for the island) and the plumbing is done. The new flooring will be going in, hopefully Friday/Saturday. That gets me to a functional kitchen before school starts. Then it is just finish work which, in theory, I should be able to get done on most Saturdays through the fall.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Which version of MapTools were we using?

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:Which version of MapTools were we using?

R-
Looks to be 1.40. At least that is the most recent version I have downloaded.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:Which version of MapTools were we using?

R-
Looks to be 1.40. At least that is the most recent version I have downloaded.

Rgr, that is what I have too.

Congrats on getting through the weeds, and getting a new laptop !

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I'm heading out to visit my family this afternoon. I still intend to run the game tonight, but I may be late.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Home from 6 Flags. I think this old, broken down, disabled Veteran will be up to gaming. We will see when its time to start.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote: Home from 6 Flags. I think this old, broken down, disabled Veteran will be up to gaming. We will see when its time to start.
6 flags ... the crowds, the lines, ... you are a braver 'old, broken down, disabled Veteran ' than I am ...

Can someone remind me where we were in this on the last game we played ?

I remember, before I went on vacation, we were at the dwarf town/keep, it was deserted, and we were readying for the exploration of the keep/under keep. However, I thought you all got one or 2 more nights of play in before real life got in the way of the game

C&C Society

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Lurker wrote:
Treebore wrote: Home from 6 Flags. I think this old, broken down, disabled Veteran will be up to gaming. We will see when its time to start.
flags ... the crowds, the lines, ... you are a braver 'old, broken down, disabled Veteran ' than I am ...
This is the time of year to go. I think the longest it took us to get on any coaster was 15 minutes. Most were 10 minutes or less.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

I will more than likely be late tomorrow. We had (well are having) soccer all weekend, so I didn't have time to finish the trailer. My cousin will be able to help me Monday after work .Hopefully it will be done before sunset & I'll have time to shower before the game starts, but I doubt it.

It surprises me that I have 2 daughters, on separate teams, but we had 5 games this weekend in separate towns this weekend. I just don't understand that math. I guess the coaches weren't kidding when they said traveling teams ....

C&C Society

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Barring anything unexpected, I am running tonight.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I posted some info on the front page of this thread. Stuff from the general campaign and stuff for this next section. I need to add some more to it and will as I get the chance.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon wrote:I posted some info on the front page of this thread. Stuff from the general campaign and stuff for this next section. I need to add some more to it and will as I get the chance.

R-
Our list of accomplishments is getting impressive!

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:
Rigon wrote:I posted some info on the front page of this thread. Stuff from the general campaign and stuff for this next section. I need to add some more to it and will as I get the chance.

R-
Our list of accomplishments is getting impressive!
Indeed.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Lupa will study - Politics - Machiavelli - , maybe anti piracy warfare, trade, & studies useful to faithful layman of 'The Valant Sword' & 'The Brighteyed Traveler'.

For the next 3 weeks, he is focused on what Zinobi Niawee is doing in the area.

Oh yeah, I need to go to the shrines of both of the gods he pays homage to and make the normal tithe .

Big questions ... what will Ozpan ask of us as favors ?

What is the story of the singer in the Drunken Traveler (should we get involved?)

Magic items I'm hoping for - magic short sword, as my back up to Dardo & for when I fight with 2 weapons. Magic buckler (mine is now only MW) but that is lower priority with the bonus from my gloves of dexterity; any cool swashbuckler type magic items (boots of striding jumping etc etc etc) Plus, is there items Bard could use (that the prince would be willing to fund) there at the shop. He is what 5th ish level, so needs some items.

Oh yeah any item that will help my save against fear &/or command ... I'm tired of running away when a spell goes Boo !

Hmmmm, can I order master work swords for my 2 students ???? 6 months should be plenty of time to make them and it would be a "graduation" present for them. Have them spar with the weapon master's apprentices so he can see them fight and make it just for them kind of thing, but not let them know that is what the practice is for ...

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sarosious will study Swordcraft, Humanoids & Giant History, and the Art of Melee. He is also going to be scouting about the city, getting familiar with the layout and looking for potential trouble spots. His biggest concern is getting as much info on the Giantslayer sword as possible. He will be making a trip to the Merchant's Quarter to check out the higher end weapons shops, as well as any merchant that might have an item to improve his AC.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

In addition to what I posted to SKYPE, my character is going to get in contact with the local thieves scene.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Treebore wrote:In addition to what I posted to SKYPE, my character is going to get in contact with the local thieves scene.

Wait the not thief is doing something thiefie ???? ;)

To save time here is what I found in Skype for what you are studying
Disease in NAture, Dragon half breeds, and divine magic.

C&C Society

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Sorry I'm going to miss again tonight. I have to be up at 4 am for an early flight, so I'll be in bed early. Feel free to use Sarosious as needed.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Rigon, since you have only 5 players, when everyone shows, would you be interested in adding another player? He played in Josh's Saturday Rappan Athuk C&C game, and he was a very consistent player, and got along well with everyone. Plus, he is my neighbor here in AZ. So if he ever does get out of line, you can have me go kick him in the balls for you. :lol:

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Treebore wrote:Rigon, since you have only 5 players, when everyone shows, would you be interested in adding another player? He played in Josh's Saturday Rappan Athuk C&C game, and he was a very consistent player, and got along well with everyone. Plus, he is my neighbor here in AZ. So if he ever does get out of line, you can have me go kick him in the balls for you. :lol:
Sure.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads