TLG and KofC

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

TLG and KofC

Post by Captain_K »

There seems to be little life left in the Knight of the Crusade site.

Why? You folks made it or I assume wanted it.

Why is it so dead?

Should it be a site here?

I do not know the history.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

alcyone
Greater Lore Drake

Re: TLG and KofC

Post by alcyone »

KotC and the C&C Society have gone through different iterations, but I think the vague goal has always mostly been about promoting convention play. I've never been to a convention and have never really quite figured out what else it's for, though it's been a little bit helpful in getting fan material in one place, albeit a place few people look. I think efforts like this are more successful when they have an active presence from the principals of the company. Stephen rarely drops into this forum anymore, not sure how much he goes to the C&C society site. We used to have regular scheduled chats there, but if they are there now they aren't promoted here.

I don't see a lot of work specifically to promote online play either, like game scheduling or advertising of online conventions; this forum or respective VTT sites are the main venue for that conversation.

Also, this "facebook" scourge is destroying forums and chats all over the place.

Frog God Games' Discord site seems like a good step, if that pans out for them maybe it's someplace the Society can go too.
My C&C stuff: www.rpggrognard.com

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Thanks, that helps me, others have input or history?

Where should this all be headed?
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

timburns
Ulthal

Post by timburns »

We are trying to be more proactive on all fronts, especially the KOTC page. Because of the increased functionality and hard work of Arcane Chimera and others, the site looks great and has great chat and forums. And because it is later technology, we have the ability to tweak it so that it is best for the members. There is an increasing number of downloads, both in the society and the KOTC and we hope to eventually host games there via roll20 or something like that. The sky's the limit, really, with the new technology.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

It needs 'Zilla!

I think I have them somewhere...