A0 Rising Knight

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

A0 Rising Knight

Post by Snoring Rock »

I am finally starting a campaign in Aihrde and I am starting with the Umbrage Saga. So 1st level players in A0 Rising Knight. Has anyone run this module? If so, how did it go? Is there anything you would add to it or leave out? I have read most of it, and the background is very good. A lot more fluff than crunch here for sure. On a scale of 1 to 10, what did your players think? Did they run the story line or derail?

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: A0 Rising Knight

Post by Buttmonkey »

I ran it almost 4 years ago. You can see all of the details here.

As I recall, the wolves are pretty brutal and can easily tear a party of 1st level PCs apart. I also believe there is a mess hall with an insane number of humanoids chilling in it. Stupid/loud PCs could easily cause a TPK by approaching that room poorly. My party got through it all with a little generosity on my part as GM.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Persimmon
Ulthal

Post by Persimmon »

I haven't played this one, but have done some of the other low level C&C adventures. A good way to cut down on 1st level PC deaths is to give the 20 hp "kicker" to all PCs at first level, which is something I cribbed from Hackmaster 4th edition. So minimum first level hit points are 21. Even then, you may lose some, but it sure helps. We also use critical hits and exploding dice/penetration damage in our game so it evens out a bit. Still, you're less likely to die from a single orc arrow this way. And I recommend parties of at least 6 PCs. There are lots of misses and failed saves at first level.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

Snoring Rock
Lore Drake

Post by Snoring Rock »

My group does seem to enjoy nail-biters and living on the edge. Sounds like this just may be the ticket.