C&C to Star Wars

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
soloplayer
Mist Elf

C&C to Star Wars

Post by soloplayer »

Hi All:

I have settled on C&C as my game system of choice, I came for the SIEGE Engine, but stayed for the MANA points. I play solo, and use this system with everything, whether a board game, game book, or straight-up RPG.

However, I have never ventured outside the fantasy genre, and would like to do a Star Wars setting. Before I start home-brewing the Force's into MANA points, I noticed several old threads suggesting I'm not the first to have this idea. Anyone have success?

Any direction is appreciated.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Re: C&C to Star Wars

Post by Buttmonkey »

tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

I have a conversion somewhere. When I have more time this evening, I'll look for it.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Post by soloplayer »

Thanks! I'll be sifting through these.

Seems like this should be fairly easy at the character level. Gonna see about adapting the stats for vessels in Chapter 8 of the CKG.

Buttmonkey
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Buttmonkey »

soloplayer wrote:Thanks! I'll be sifting through these.

Seems like this should be fairly easy at the character level. Gonna see about adapting the stats for vessels in Chapter 8 of the CKG.
Take a look at Amazing Adventures. It's a more generic SIEGE engine game. You may find it an easier base to build off of to create a Star Wars game.
tylermo wrote:Your efforts are greatly appreciated, Buttmonkey. Can't believe I said that with a straight face.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

How many fighter-mages are secretly jedi? Seems like a good system for you to build from. AA may be a good starting point.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Captain_K
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Captain_K »

Find Relaxo he's doing GRR the Pirate game and its kind of old school CnC and he has worked out systems for ships too.
Wow, Another Natural One! You guys are a sink hole for luck. Stay away from my dice.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Crap, I forgot to look last night. I'll look tonight after I get home from work.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Post by soloplayer »

Captain_K wrote:How many fighter-mages are secretly jedi? Seems like a good system for you to build from. AA may be a good starting point.
Right?! We can get pretty close with just the spell list (Jump, feather Fall, Mage hand). Throw in MANA points for the Force Ability... and now all we need are blasters and ships.
Buttmonkey wrote:Take a look at Amazing Adventures. It's a more generic SIEGE engine game. You may find it an easier base to build off of to create a Star Wars game.
And AA seems to be a great idea. I see guns, jet packs and vehicle combat stuff...

Fun!

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Post by soloplayer »

Castle Keepers Guide: 2nd Printing, page 252: Table of Laser Guns...

Man, I love C&C.

Rigon
Clang lives!

Post by Rigon »

Apparently, I do not have the conversions anymore. Sorry.

R-
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads

soloplayer
Mist Elf

Post by soloplayer »

Rigon wrote:Apparently, I do not have the conversions anymore. Sorry.

R-
No problem Rigon, I see a lot of your contributions on these threads.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Sorry I'm late to the discussion

If you are willing to look at other rules, then consider Victorious. It is a neat fun game on its own and it is also very easy to reskin to make it a Star Wars game.

You do need to learn the art of taking disadvantages to get enough points to build the character you picture, without ham stringing yourself. But after going though and making or characters it does get easy - if you have a mental image of what you want before the first dice is rolled.

I will say that when I made a jedi with my younger daughter, and various NPCs with my older daughter, by the rules it was just a tad under powered. Some more so than other, but all were just a smidge under the mark for what I wanted. It was an easy fi to gie 2 primes and 2 skills for free instead of the 1 by the book.

All that said, if you are focused on a class based game then C&C or AA are both good choices. I've never played AA but the rules are easy enough.

Good luck and may the force be with you (and you roll lots of 20s and very few 1s
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society