Modules where PCs start out as prisoners

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Greyblade
Hlobane Orc

Modules where PCs start out as prisoners

Post by Greyblade »

All is in the title :)

In order to kickstart a new campaign set in Karameikos, I'm looking for a module where the PCs would start out as prisoners and would need to get out. Preferably 1st level or something.

The only one that comes to mind is the old Black Boar Inn adventure for the Dark Eye, but if you have any ideas, fee free to point me in the right direction.

Much appreciated!
Durka durka Muhammad djihad

maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Modules where PCs start out as prisoners

Post by maximus »

A4 In the Dungeons of the Slave Lords is good, but for higher levels than you mentioned. The plot for N4 Treasure Hunt is a shipwreck. The players need to find a way to escape. Not quite the same, but it's a 1st level module you might be able to use.

Rikitiki
Red Cap

Post by Rikitiki »

(been awhile for me which is why so late to the party) - Do what I did: using the old TSR module “Treasure Island”(?), which was I think the first-ever ZERO-Level module, write up something where the players are just ‘people’ who’ve been captured and the game is to escape/explore-as-they-do so. Depending on how they play their character and what tidbits they find, at adventure end, each is now a 1st-level something and can go onwards

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

You might take a look at the AD&D module, Lost Island of Castanamir. It could easily begin with PCs waking up after having washed up on a small patch of land after their ship went down in a storm...
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander