Rule about C&C multi-class I have never understood

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Grandpa
Ulthal

Rule about C&C multi-class I have never understood

Post by Grandpa »

The question is about number HD rolled above 1st level. So you have a Fighter/Wizard 1st level. You give them the appropriate Dice from the chart. Now, when they have earned enough XP for both classes to reach 2nd level do you roll just one die like a normal 2nd level PC or 2 die because they leveled in both? Seems a gyp to the PC if only one die because the amount of XP to level in both classes.

mgtremaine
Ulthal

Re: Rule about C&C multi-class I have never understood

Post by mgtremaine »

Yes 1d6 in the case of Fighter / Wizard. Yes you lose out a little bit compared to rolling both and dividing by 2. Adding +1 would fix the range in this case so you might wanted to looks and the possible ranges of the combos and make a house rule.

On the other hand multi-class is a huge power jump. I really like Class-and-a-half, notice that the HD chart is also better for them.

-Mike

Grandpa
Ulthal

Re: Rule about C&C multi-class I have never understood

Post by Grandpa »

mgtremaine wrote:
Sat Sep 10, 2022 3:08 pm
Yes 1d6 in the case of Fighter / Wizard. Yes you lose out a little bit compared to rolling both and dividing by 2. Adding +1 would fix the range in this case so you might wanted to looks and the possible ranges of the combos and make a house rule.

On the other hand multi-class is a huge power jump. I really like Class-and-a-half, notice that the HD chart is also better for them.

-Mike
Ah, that's for that info