Remakes, expansions, sequels, sequel ideas for "A Lion In The Ropes"?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Ivid
Mist Elf

Remakes, expansions, sequels, sequel ideas for "A Lion In The Ropes"?

Post by Ivid »

Hey, all!

It's been a minute. :) After fourteen or fifteen years, I'm going back to running "A Lion In The Ropes". That one, still one of my favorite adventures of all time - among the top ten or even the top five, really, if I had to make a list. :)

My question is in the title, I guess. - So, back in the day, I *think* I ran the d20 version, even though I own an old C&C conversion, as well. This time, though, I want to do a bit more with the module. Just as I say in the title: Expand it, create a direct follow-up, you know, just spend a little more time in the setting and with the adventure's overall themes.

First, I am posting this question because I wonder wether TLG (or someone else) ever did something "official" with the adventure, given that it's such a classic. Like, didn't find anything, but, hey, that might not mean it's not out there. - Does Lord Galveston, do his lands, or do Capendu or the the Four Saints Church ever appear anywhere else, maybe even only as indirect references?

But second, I'm obviously interested in what fellow DMs have been doing with the material, over the years. What have you done with the module? :)

My own game is likely going to use "Beyond The Wall" and "Dungeon World" rules, this time, with the players having explicitly asked for a return to one of the classic TSR settings. (They've left the final choice to me, of course; considering "Birthright", right now.) Wouldn't be too opposed if the game became a full C&C campaign again, though.

Thank you, and very happy to see the boards are still around! :)

- Rafe

Rigon
Clang lives!

Re: Remakes, expansions, sequels, sequel ideas for "A Lion In The Ropes"?

Post by Rigon »

You could go right into the C series from there.

R-
Castles & Crusades: What 3rd Edition AD&D should have been.
TLG Forum Moderator
House Rules & Whatnots
My Game Threads
Monday Night Online Group Member since 2007

Ivid
Mist Elf

Re: Remakes, expansions, sequels, sequel ideas for "A Lion In The Ropes"?

Post by Ivid »

Thank you! :)

Would those be these?

https://www.trolllord.com/tlgstore/#!/C ... /119538273

Are the connected to "Lion", in any way, or "just" set in Erde? :) I think I remember "The Mortality of Green", from back in the day... :)