Amazing Adventures 5E or the 5th Edition of Amazing Adventures?

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
MythicGalea
Henchman

Amazing Adventures 5E or the 5th Edition of Amazing Adventures?

Post by MythicGalea »

I'm a proud to say I bought Castles & Crusades when it was only a 128 Page tome. Back then, I was more about AD&D feel and was only had a passing interest in Amazing Adventures. I'm only just learning that Amazing Adventures and the Companion evolved on Indegogo at some point and then I see Amazing Adventures 5E

I'm certainly interested to drop some $$...
...and I'm having a bit of a moment.

Is it the 5th Edition of Amazing Adventures or something else? Can anyone catch a guy up on Amazing Adventures' evolution? I'm becoming interested in pulp and the dynamics.

Volomyre
Ungern

Re: Amazing Adventures 5E or the 5th Edition of Amazing Adventures?

Post by Volomyre »

If you are a fan of the 5E system go for it! It's a TLG product so you know its good. But...you linked the pdf at 19.99 and you could pick up a physical copy for 10.00 on sale now!

Of course rhe other problem is...will TLG put out any more 5E products?

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

AA has only had a couple editions at most. AA5e is AA compatible with D&D5e. It's still pretty cool and worth a look. The Mentalist class alone is worth it, IMO

I heard that TLG has pretty much tabled (no pun intended) their 5e support :(

finarvyn
Global Moderator

Post by finarvyn »

I've followed the evolution of Amazing Adventures from early kickstart to today, and have a whole box of AA books and adventures. Here is the evolution as I recall it off the top of my head:

Amazing Adventures started out as a pulp-only system which was compatible with C&C, then evolved into a more universal-genre game also compatible with C&C. The 5E version is the universal-genre flavor with game mechanics compatible with D&D 5E. There is a new edition (new printing?) of AA coming out soon with flashy new covers but content consistent with the universal-genre version.

I'm not sure how the Troll Lords would count editions, but here's my thought:
AA 1E = pulp genre version of the game
AA 2E = universal-genre version of the game
5E AA = AA 2E redone as 5E
Marv / Finarvyn
Lord Marshall, Earl of Stone Creek, C&C Society
Just discovered Amazing Adventures and loving it!
MA1E WardenMaster - Killing Characters since 1976, MA4E Playtester in 2006.
C&C Playtester in 2003, OD&D player since 1975

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

finarvyn wrote:
Sun Jun 11, 2023 12:03 pm
I've followed the evolution of Amazing Adventures from early kickstart to today, and have a whole box of AA books and adventures. Here is the evolution as I recall it off the top of my head:

Amazing Adventures started out as a pulp-only system which was compatible with C&C, then evolved into a more universal-genre game also compatible with C&C. The 5E version is the universal-genre flavor with game mechanics compatible with D&D 5E. There is a new edition (new printing?) of AA coming out soon with flashy new covers but content consistent with the universal-genre version.

I'm not sure how the Troll Lords would count editions, but here's my thought:
AA 1E = pulp genre version of the game
AA 2E = universal-genre version of the game
5E AA = AA 2E redone as 5E
So far I've liked everything I've seen of AA, in all "editions." I love using AA stuff in C&C and vice-versa.

I did think the Feral was a weird fit for a Monk-type class..