Question about AA number of languages

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
BranFlayk
Henchman

Question about AA number of languages

Post by BranFlayk »

Languages on p.27 says that each character starts with their own language, and then "bonus languages equal to twice their intelligence bonus".

The Raider character class has "Bonus Languages" ability which says "the Raider gains two additional languages per point of intelligence bonus at character creation, rather than one".

So creating a Raider with INT 16 (+2 bonus) - does he start with own language plus 4 more, and then get another 4 from the Bonus Languages ability ?
Should page 27 say that they just get one bonus language per intelligence bonus?

Volomyre
Ungern

Re: Question about AA number of languages

Post by Volomyre »

I'm at work so I can't look this up right now. If not tonight then maybe on the weekend I will check my books and see If I can help with your question. I seem to remember reading somewhere that Raiders get a crazy amount of starting languages.

Volomyre
Ungern

Post by Volomyre »

Well it says a Raider with Int. of 18 can have up to 9 languages in the Raider write up. I guess that means that talent gives him an addition lang. per intelligence bonus above the 2 lang. per bonus that everyone else gets. I thought I read more somewhere but I guess that example pretty much explains it, although the talent write up is abit jumbled.

BranFlayk
Henchman

Post by BranFlayk »

Thanks Volomyre, I think that sentence in the ability description was confusing me.