Converting character from other systems

Discussion of the pulp roleplaying system, including hard-boiled detectives, fedora-wearing action heroes, and steampunk gadgeteers rocketing to battle.
old school gamer
Red Cap

Converting character from other systems

Post by old school gamer »

So I am running AA at Gary Con but I will be running an adventure from Call of Cthulhu and I wanted to use the pregens from the adventure. The only problem is I have a homicidal detective, a reporter, a runaway, an undercover cop pretending to be in a street gang, an old Catholic priest and a private investigator. So it looks like I will end up having four Gumshoes, a Hooligan, and possibly a wisdom based Arcana. I wanted more variety in the character classes so what suggestions do you have in order to have more variety.

BigJackBrass
Mist Elf

Re: Converting character from other systems

Post by BigJackBrass »

old school gamer wrote:
Sat Dec 09, 2023 3:50 am
The only problem is I have a homicidal detective…
I'm hoping that should be homicide detective, but it would certainly make for an unconventional player character.

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Lol

paladinn
Ulthal

Post by paladinn »

I'm curious as to how this has gone.

Just FYI, you can use C&C classes (modified as needed) in AA. So your priest character could easily work as a cleric, sans armor and with wizard BtH.

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Hope the game went well

I've idea mined a lot of stuff to go into my girls' CoC / DG game last year so had the reverse problem of 'this adventure used XY&Z classes, what profession should I change it to.

Eventually, I would just mine the idea and frame work from the adventure and put in what ever I felt fit for the PC NPCs from CoC or DG professions. No need to try to shoe horn classes into skill based professions (or vice versa in your case).
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society