Anyone Have The Undying War?

Discussions on all the print published, pdf, free pdf, fan site modules and adventures.
Persimmon
Ulthal

Anyone Have The Undying War?

Post by Persimmon »

So, in a recent interview on Youtube Steve was talking about The Undying War, which is the hardcover, omnibus edition of A0-12. Does anyone here have it? If so, how is it? Steve said they cleaned up errata and made a few other changes in addition to updated and colorized art. We've played up through A8, but I don't have A9-12 so I am interested in possibly grabbing this.

And of even greater interest to me at least, Steve is finally working on finishing The Dungeons of Aufstrag! But he's not sure if he'll release it in a series of boxed sets or one large hardcover. My personal preference is for the latter.

You can see the interview here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3uWu1ZBHLfk

The same channel has the earlier interview with Steve about the Umbrage saga.
Behind closed eyes, realize your sight....

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Re: Anyone Have The Undying War?

Post by TheMetal1 »

Persimmon,

Yes, got both the C&C version and the 5e version when I backed the Kickstarter. I asked early on if they were going to do a C&C version and glad they went with it. Presentation is beautiful and it is great to see everything in full color, especially the maps which are excellent. I can't wait to get the player version of the maps for VTT as I intend to run the A-series again on Fantasy Grounds. I haven't noticed any errata, my only critique is no mention again of the Elven towers which point the way to the Tree of Life in A0 and A1. It's kind of like an unfinished idea. I have the individual modules and the box sets, but this is the best by far, as everything in the A-series is right at your finger tips in one document. The box sets are nice as Part 1 has A0-A5 and Part 2 has A6-A12, but they are in the traditional black & white. I think it is worth it to get The Undying War just for the colorization.

I was hoping for the Dungeons to be included as well! One day!!!!

Thanks for the link I'll watch that tonight.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria