Mythic Con (West)

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
Ancalagon
Ulthal

Mythic Con (West)

Post by Ancalagon »

Happy Holidays, Crusaders!

I recently discovered Mythic Con West, a small convention in Asheville NC scheduled for March 1-3, 2024.

https://gamesforallevents.com/

I've decided to give it a try. I intend to run 2 sessions of a C&C convention game I wrote that features pre-gens of 5th-6th levels. Should you happen to find your way to MC West, grab a chair at my table and roll the bones with me. I'll provide info on the scenario once it is approved by the powers that be.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Re: Mythic Con (West)

Post by maximus »

Interesting. Asheville is only about 2 hours from me, and my son goes to college about 1/2 hour from there. Might be up for a road trip.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Badges are super cheap compared to DragonCon in ATL and GaryCon in Lake Geneva. MC West will also be A LOT smaller with regard to (WRT) head count which is appealing since I no longer care to deal with the enormous crowds of bigger cons.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

OK, folks - I submitted my C&C scenario for 2 sessions at Mythic Con West.

Things Best Forgotten

In the decades following the end of the centuries long Winter's Dark, society and civilization have yet to return to the jungle-filled interior of the island continent of Inklu-Naid. However, the timeworn map your party possesses points to one such region wherein only monsters and ruins are said to be found. Monsters for killing and ruins for looting… what could go wrong?

Things Best Forgotten is a Castles & Crusades adventure set in the World of Aihrde for 5th - 6th level characters. Pre-gens built using the 8th printing of the Players Handbook will be provided. Participants should bring a copy of the Players Handbook, dice, pencil, and wits!

I'll let you know when the event is approved.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Ancalagon wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 4:14 am

Things Best Forgotten

In the decades following the end of the centuries long Winter's Dark, society and civilization have yet to return to the jungle-filled interior of the island continent of Inklu-Naid. However, the timeworn map your party possesses points to one such region wherein only monsters and ruins are said to be found. Monsters for killing and ruins for looting… what could go wrong?

Things Best Forgotten is a Castles & Crusades adventure set in the World of Aihrde for 5th - 6th level characters. Pre-gens built using the 8th printing of the Players Handbook will be provided. Participants should bring a copy of the Players Handbook, dice, pencil, and wits!

My scenario was approved earlier today.
I'm running 2 sessions: Friday, 1-Mar-24 starting at 8 PM and Saturday, 2-Mar-24 starting at 8 PM.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Ancalagon wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:25 am
Ancalagon wrote:

Things Best Forgotten

I'm running 2 sessions: Friday, 1-Mar-24 starting at 8 PM and Saturday, 2-Mar-24 starting at 8 PM.
Ok, I'm checking calendars. I should be able to make one of those times.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

maximus wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2024 10:37 pm
Ancalagon wrote:
Sat Jan 13, 2024 12:25 am
Ancalagon wrote:

Things Best Forgotten

Ok, I'm checking calendars. I should be able to make one of those times.
Cool.
If you snag a seat at one of my games, please introduce yourself by forum name and first name. I always enjoy putting a face with a name at conventions. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

UPDATE: The name of my event is now The Lost and Forgotten. Just a heads up for anyone who might look for it to sign up.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

Ancalagon wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2024 10:55 pm
UPDATE: The name of my event is now The Lost and Forgotten. Just a heads up for anyone who might look for it to sign up.
Sign ups opened at 7 PM EST. The Friday session has 1 seat remaining out of 6. The Saturday session has 3 seats open out of 6.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Ugh, I missed it... I'm available Friday but not Saturday.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

maximus wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 2:33 pm
Still 1 spot open on Friday if you've not already signed up.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Ancalagon wrote:
Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:23 pm
maximus wrote:
Still 1 spot open on Friday if you've not already signed up.
Can my son hang out and watch?

Edit: I grabbed the last spot. We'll figure it out when we get there. Disappointed there were no rooms available at the con rate for just Friday night. I booked at a new Marriott that's pretty close. Looking forward to it!

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

maximus wrote:
Tue Feb 06, 2024 8:35 pm
Can my son hang out and watch?
Absolutely!
maximus wrote:
Edit: I grabbed the last spot. We'll figure it out when we get there. Disappointed there were no rooms available at the con rate for just Friday night. I booked at a new Marriott that's pretty close. Looking forward to it!
Glad you you snagged seat. Looking forward to meeting and rolling the bones with you. 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

All seats for both sessions are full.
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

The countdown begins... this is our first convention. Looking forward to it. What's the time limit on the session?

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

maximus wrote:
Sun Feb 25, 2024 1:32 pm
The countdown begins... this is our first convention. Looking forward to it. What's the time limit on the session?
Emphasis mine.
Excellent! I'm happy to be a small part of yours and your son's first convention.

WRT to the time limit... there isn't one. ;)

The scheduled time is 8 PM to midnight, but since there isn't another time slot until 9 AM the next morning, I am happy to run the game for as long as the table wants to continue. I designed the adventure so it could be a roughly 4 hr session but with the option to lengthen it for extended play. I will give the players the choice at the outset. Since everyone is at a convention to play games, I figure "LET'S PLAY SOME C&C!!!" 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Thanks to @Ancalagon for running a great game Friday night. Great adventure, lots of fun. If you get a chance to play at his table, do it.

Ancalagon
Ulthal

Post by Ancalagon »

maximus wrote:
Sun Mar 03, 2024 6:12 pm
Thanks to @Ancalagon for running a great game Friday night. Great adventure, lots of fun. If you get a chance to play at his table, do it.
It was cool meeting you and your son at MC West! I'm considering returning next year.

Thanks for the kind words regarding the adventure and recommendation to play at my table. Much appreciated! 8-)
Imaginatio est Vita
Grand Knight Commander