Troll Con this weekend, who's attending?

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
sieg

Troll Con this weekend, who's attending?

Post by sieg »

We just reserved our room at the Motel 6....as the Super 8 was A) Full and B) had no rooms listed under Troll Con, TLG, or Tami Keys.

But no big deal; we got a cheaper room at any rate.
So, wh all ese is around, and who's staying in what hotels? Any con parties planned, or will that be simply following Steve & Davis to the nearest bar?

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Was going to go, but things conspired to prevent me from doing such. Perhaps LGGC or GenCon. Might be an either or thing.

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: Troll Con this weekend, who's attending?

Post by gideon_thorne »

Not a con party specifically. But Red Griffin Productions is doing a live stage show at 5pm on saturday.

A battle royale between the forces of light and darkness where elves, orcs and other creatures of light and dark clash.

(in short, cute girls in elf outfits....)

If you miss out, you miss out on meeting several of my models.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Quote:
(in short, cute girls in elf outfits....)

If you miss out, you miss out on meeting several of my models.

Darn it...... I wanted to be there before but now!!!!! To bad there is no way for me to get leave.... You all enjoy & hope to hear some good things here. Also an good pics of the cuties would be enjoyed!

Have fun!

Forgive all spelling errors.

Knight Errant & Humble C&C Society Contributor
C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Nope, I wish I could go. Would be loads of fun, but time, distance and other cons that I've commited to stand in my way. One day... one day.

............................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

sieg

Post by sieg »

Well, being there with my own elf cutie (my wife) I can't ogle any other ones...especially considering my blindness and the only way to get a good "look" would get me slapped!
Sorry Serleran, maybe LGGC; if we can make it.
But the Lady Wife will be bringing a digital camera so maybe pics will be in the offing!

tacojohn4547

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Sieg,

I want to apologize for not introducing myself at Troll Con. For no apparent reason, I didn't think about anybody from the TLG online community making it to the con. Maybe it was because there were so few there on Friday that I just didn't connect the dots. Or maybe it was because there wasn't much hoopla or interest here on the boards. At any rate, it would have been nice to have met you and to have visited with you and the Mrs.

I and two guys from my regular gamering group made the trip to attend Troll Con in Muskogee. We don't play C&C (we're die hard 1st Edition AD&D players) but thouht we'd find a group of gamers with whom we might be kindred spirits. We sat in on Casey's table on Friday night, then opted to play a little 1st Edition AD&D at our own table on Saturday.

I suppose we might have appeared to have been a closed group since we didn't mix much with anyone else at the con except Bowbe and Steve. That really wasn't the case. Unfortunately for us, we should have gotten out of our comfort zone a bit further and introduced ourselves, but we didn't.

Overall, the con was pretty much a disappointment. Our hosts were pleasant enough and made me feel very welcome, and the venue was a good one. But I think Muskogee may be a little TOO FAR off the beaten path to have much of a draw. I mean, we've had sessions with our regular gaming group that have had a better turn out than did Troll Con.

But, I digress. Perhaps we can hook up at another con in the future? Perhaps Gorilla Con or Gen Con?

tacojohn4547

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

tacojohn4547 wrote:
I suppose we might have appeared to have been a closed group since we didn't mix much with anyone else at the con except Bowbe and Steve.

I feel so unloved!
There were actually a fair few attendee's. Just not a lot of gamers playing games per say. A lot of folks came for the Red Griffin chessboard.

For next year and successive years, Troll Con is likely to evolve into something beyond just a gamer gathering. Its just a matter of exploring the possibilities of the venue. ^_^

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

sieg

Post by sieg »

Hey Tacojohn,

...No problem, and if I'd known a 1E game was going on during Sat. the Lady and I would've loved to sit in! I love C&C, but 1E is my first and truest love!

Yeah, a pity we didn't hook up, but maybe next year; if you guys would still be willing to come out. Steve was saying the next one might be in September this year and I hope so. I think that would be better than March since with Winter Con in Jan and LGGC in June that's a pretty packed 6 months! I agree that turnout could've been better, but when you consider how little advertising this got it was actually a pretty good turnout.

Next time, I'm the blind guy in the mirrored sunglasses being led by the ravishingly beautiful brunette.

tacojohn4547

Post by tacojohn4547 »

GT wrote:
Quote:
I feel so unloved!

Hey, Peter, I'm sorry! I should have included you in that list of warm and receptive hosts.
You were indeed a fine host. And you have a keen eye for capturing that atmosphere that C&C seems to foster. I wanted to pick out a couple of your prints, but my traveling partners were tired and a little anxious to get headed back to Wichita. It seemed like we left in a rush after the chess match ended. Even so, it was after midnight before I got home.

Perhaps I can pick up those prints another time, maybe Gen Con.

tacojohn4547

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

tacojohn4547 wrote:
Perhaps I can pick up those prints another time, maybe Gen Con.

tacojohn4547

Just look for me at the Troll Lords booth. ^_^

Peter Bradley

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

Turn out was a huge disappointment for which I take full responsibility. I did not give Troll Con the attention that it deserved and needed. Indeed, I didn't know what to expect at the Castle either. I think in all 7 attendees paid for admission. Now that is a poor showing. :cry:

Live and learn.

That said I had a blast. Casey ran a 10 hour game and The Red Griffens put on a massively fun and all around cool show in their Chess Match. I have a video of this and will post it soon enough.

Next year will be much better as we are going to work hard to get a bigger draw and have even more fun. Believe it or not, but I'm actually really excited about Troll Con VI. We have a better idea of the terrain and what to expect, so next year (maybe as early as September, we don't know yet), it will be much better (maybe 14 turn out? haha)

Steve

2-13-07

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

Lurker
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Lurker »

Quote:
so next year (maybe as early as September, we don't know yet)

Drat... Do you all have access to military secrets & know when I'm going to be busy? If so stop it I want to come & play too!

Wish I could have made this one & crossing my fingers for the next!

C&C Society
"And so I am become a knight of the Kingdom of Dreams and Shadows!" - Mark Twain

C&C Society

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Lurker wrote:
Drat... Do you all have access to military secrets & know when I'm going to be busy? If so stop it I want to come & play too!

Wish I could have made this one & crossing my fingers for the next!

Any and all might want to come to the ren faire at the same location (www.okcastle.com) every weekend this May. Its well worth a look and is a good 'preview' of the location.

Peter Bradley

KniteSable

Post by KniteSable »

It was great hanging out with you guys till the wee hours of the morning. Next time dad let's you borrow the keys, look me up.

Hope to see you at the Oklahoma Renaissance Festival.

~Jeremy Stevens~

Ass. Director of Entertainment

OKRF 2007

- - Fire in the Hole Troll - -

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Thats it! Roll for initiative, sucker! ^_~`

*and I know there's only going to be about 6 people who are going to get the context... just had to be there folks*

Peter Bradley