Question - Ki Strike

C&C discussion. Fantasy roleplaying.
New products, general questions, the rules, laws, and the chaos.
Neo Mystic

Question - Ki Strike

Post by Neo Mystic »

Hi everyone,

Im new to C&C, and looking forward to running a Norse based game using the pantheon from the 3.0 Deities & Demigods book.

RE: Monk Ki Strike, this appears to not actually treat their attacks as magical but to allow them to bypass restrictions on monsters that can only be damaged by magical weapons But none of the monsters in M&T have the can only be hit by +1 weapons, so what use is it?

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Re: Question - Ki Strike

Post by Tadhg »

Neo Mystic wrote:
Hi everyone,

Im new to C&C, and looking forward to running a Norse based game using the pantheon from the 3.0 Deities & Demigods book.

Welcome to C&C and the Crusade!

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

"By the pricking of my thumbs, Something wicked this way comes:" - Macbeth
Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

"Enjoy a 'world' where the fantastic is fact and magic really works!" ~ Gary Gygax

Neo Mystic

Post by Neo Mystic »

Thanks for the welcome, and the help
Can you give me the link to this errata?

Tadhg
Cleric of Zagyg

Post by Tadhg »

Neo Mystic wrote:
Can you give me the link to this errata?

Yep, here ya go:
http://goreanmale.homestead.com/files/cnc/mterrata.pdf

8)

Lord Tadhg - Lejendary Keeper of Castle Ardmore

Jason

Post by Jason »

Welcome aboard. 8)

rabindranath72

Post by rabindranath72 »

What it the "golem errata"? It is not in the M&T errata.

EDIT: speaking of which, I also seem to recall some issue with Lycanthropes, what was that?

Also, I just saw that the Merman/Mermaid block description is partially deleted. From the fragments of text I guess I can deduct what was to be written, but an insight would be welcome.

Cheers,

Antonio

rabindranath72

Post by rabindranath72 »

serleran wrote:
Golems require magical weapons to hit, that being +2 for all types except iron, which requires +3. As for the lycanthropes, i think the big deal was people wondering about the silver vulnerability-- they can be struck by any weapon, but silver weapons deal them double damage, which they cannot regenerate (all lycanthropes are supposed to have regeneration, too, and not just the werebear; this means, then, that a lycanthrope cannot be killed by a magical weapon unless that magical weapon is laced with silver.) The merman/mermaid... I dunno. I'd have to look. I'll get to it.

And while I'm thinking of it: elementals require a +2 weapon to strike, as well. At least, the classic ones found in M&T.

Thanks!

Does this mean that all werecreatures have Regeneration 1?

Regarding elementals, the +2 replaces the guidelines in M&T, where immunity is by hit dice?