Troll Con V - A Mustering at the Dunjon

Forums for Troll Con, Gen Con and other convention discussions.
cleaverthepit
Ulthal

Troll Con V - A Mustering at the Dunjon

Post by cleaverthepit »

Its official, we now have a convention specifically for Troll Lord Games and Castles & Crusades. I am very excited. I have been pushing for this particular venue for over a year and we finally got it.

To wit, the convention is taking place at the the Castle of Muskogee (http://okcastle.com/) Brouse through the website to get some pics and an idea of what it is like. We will only be using one room in the entire thing (and its huge). Hopefully however, the convention will be so fun that it will grow fast and we can turn it into a medieval/fantasy/rpg fun fest. You'll know what I mean when you get there.

The convention is set for March 9, 10 and 11.

Our whole crew intends on being there - Steve, myself (davis), Todd, Mac, Chris, Mark, Casey, Peter (he lives there) and whomever else we can convince to show up.

We will be running a lot of games as our primary job will be just that. We will also be selling our stuff of course, but I believe Tami will be handling that.

There is the Black Boar pub
located in this place. I think that if we can get enough adults (21+) who are willing, we might just join hands and rent the pub for one night and belly up to a bar that will have to be figured out later though as drinking and such has attendant problems. Never-the-less.

Here is a map to the Castle

in America's heartland.

So here is to it.

Davis

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Ahhh, you lucky bastards. This sounds like a true event not to be missed! Maybe if the Gods of Luck and Travel smile upon me, I'll be able to raise a tankard and roll some dice with y'all, though it isn't likely.

.......................................Omote

FPQ
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

I'll be there unless i'm sick or dead.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.
Sounds obvious to me! -Gm Michael

Grand Knight Commander of the Society.

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Sure, we'll all meet up at a bar.... how clich. Hmm, Muskogee, huh? Wow, it'll be like going home, except, not.

Combat_Kyle
Ulthal

Post by Combat_Kyle »

I am saving up my coppers right now, so if anyone going wants to plit the price of a hotel room let me know.

-Grikis Valmorgen, Paladin

The beginnings of my homebrew campaign world and info for my play by chat game:
http://kbdekker.googlepages.com/home

Arioch

Post by Arioch »

kewl got to put in my time off request from work

ken

Alas poor Elric I was a thousand times more evil than you

Slice N Dice: Game and Pizza Parlour

WWBYD What would Brigham Young do ?
http://www.geocities.com/J_Elric_Smith/Index.html

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I'm hoping I can get off work for it. They're supposed to be changing all the Lt's schedules next month so I can't even figure up if it's plausible for me to go until I see what they are going to do with me.

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

DD,

thats actually good, because if you had been able to figure out you would go in for your next shift and find out how they are switching your schedule around next month.
Since its 20,000 I suggest "Captain Nemo" as his title. Beyond the obvious connection, he is one who sails on his own terms and ignores those he doesn't agree with...confident in his journey and goals.

Severite
Mist Elf

Post by Severite »

Oh, Im definitely interested, the only convention Ive ever been to was the Lake geneva con, and this looks to be much the same, if not possibly better, though I am a little curious, how much are we looking at here, heh, and will it get its own website like the lake geneva convention did? Thanks in advance.

Bowbe
Red Cap

Post by Bowbe »

As I mentioned on the Necro forums... I live too damned close to blow it off... Plus Tami mentioned me as a guest of honor type deal
So yep, I'll be there to kill characters and drink with Davis till one of us ends up in the hospital or jail.

Ok... won't happen Todd won't let us and neither will my wife hahaha!

Case

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

And I believe a few buxom wenches can be provided for the pub. Courtesy of Ravenchilde Illustrations', Ladies of the Scarlet Pillow connection.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

What would be the nearest airport for me to fly into?

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

Treebore wrote:
What would be the nearest airport for me to fly into?

Tulsa. Its about 45 minutes or so from the place.

If anyone has any problems finding the place or needs info on the area my number and email are both on my website.

I live 15 minutes from the Castle.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

seskis281
Lore Drake

Post by seskis281 »

Sadly I will miss this - I'm directing Hamlet this spring and that's opening weekend
John Maddog Wright

"So an Orc walks in with a Kobold on his head.... and the Fighter says 'what the heck?' To which the Kobold replies: "Help me get this Orc off my ass!"

Dreamer of Ilshara
http://johnwright281.tripod.com/
John "Sir Seskis" Wright

Dreamer of Ilshara
Lands of Ilshara: http://johnwright281.tripod.com

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Quote:
Our whole crew intends on being there - Steve, myself (davis), Todd, Mac, Chris, Mark, Casey, Peter

Must be that I live so far away, I'm always forgotten. Heh. Seriously, though, really looking into this. Probably fly into Tulsa.

tamitroll

website

Post by tamitroll »

I will be linking the websites tonight so get ready to start pre-reg for this con.

Thanks

Tami

tamitroll

Troll Con

Post by tamitroll »

Here's the website.
http://www.lggc.net/tcindex.html

Have at pre-reg. You guys will be the first to know when it gets a new home.

Of course if you have questions, email me.

Thanks

Tami

Treebore
Mogrl

Post by Treebore »

Cool! Thanks! Keep me/us posted about the hotels, please!

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

From the Website:
Quote:
We have found a barmaid, if we can get enough registration to rent the pub.

We must get enough registration to rent the pub.

Troll Lord
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Troll Lord »

We have reserved The Castle for Troll Con V: The Mustering to be held on March 9, 10 and 11.

TROLLZAH

Steve

He who sits on the elephants back

Castle and Crusade Society
[email protected]

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

Sweet.

Now I should find out in the next few days if I'm getting transferred or not and get on the road to actually knowing what my schedule will be around that time.