What are you painting?

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
TheMetal1
Lore Drake

What are you painting?

Post by TheMetal1 »

I figured with the various what are you...threads (i.e. reading, playing, videogaming, etc.) One might as well add "What are you painting?"

At the moment, I'm on a Middle Earth Strategy Battle Games painting kick. I've followed the game since its inception and managed to collect all the starter boxes save the new one of Osgiliath.

Currently, I am working on the green Lord of the Rings: Fellowship of the Rings box set (circa 2001). I've had the box for a long time, but this year I finally decided to finish it. The box comes with 8 Men of Gondor, 16 Elves and 24 Moria Goblins. The Goblins are complete, the men of Gondor are assembled and primed, and I'm currently working on the Elves. I've got 8 of the Sword Elves complete and am currently working on the 8 Bow Elves. At the same time, I'm working on 6 Galadir (Elves of Rivendell) Archers as well that have a similar esthetic, batch painting the archers all together, with a slight variant
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Re: What are you painting?

Post by Go0gleplex »

Before I had to start packing up prepping for moving; been painting fleets of several dozen star ship miniatures for tabletop wargaming. Some of the pics of my work got into the April issue of Military Miniatures Mag. for their space gaming article.
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

anvil242
Hlobane Orc

Post by anvil242 »

I'm currently working on Nowada from Bombshell minis, She's been on the bench for several years now, and I've decided to finish her, no matter what. Like Go0gleplex, I am moving as well (starting after work today!) so it may be a while yet before she's done. Divorce sucks, do not recommend.
https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-k7fo2eh ... 99.jpg?c=2

TheMetal1
Lore Drake

Post by TheMetal1 »

The Elves continue to stare at me. Partially done but decided to pause on them and work a bit on some Flames of War. I have an airborne company that has one platoon done and the rest assembled and primed. So as time allows, I'm working on those one at a time. Trying to figure out a base texture for them as well.

I've also pulled out some miniatures from storage for display. I had a Blood Angels army that needed some attention. Regluing of Drop Ship parts, weapons and bases. All is well with them. I do realize I need to finish the insides of 3 of the Dropships as well.
De Oppresso Liber
Pro Deo Et Patria

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I haven't unboxed it yet, but I've been on a killer frog/toad bent and so, to go with it, I picked up a Lord Kroak from Citadel/Games Workshop. I also have obtained at least 3 or 4 of each of the Nolzur's Marvelous Slaadi in addition to an unknown number of other frog/toad-like creatures including bullywug, grung, and more... I hope to have a campaign (centered on I11: Needle) where I can actually use them.