City Building Resource

All topics including role playing games, board games, etc., etc.
Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

City Building Resource

Post by Go0gleplex »

Hey folks.

I got into a KS last year from Headless Hydra Press that finally showed up on my doorstep this morning. The book is "Organic Towns" and this thing is AWESOMENESS!!!! Ignoring the pretty good artwork; it goes into road & building upkeep costs, construction, population expansion/contraction, various guilds, gossip, events, etc. and is probably one of the easiest and most complete generic town resource I have seen in my 40+ years of gaming. Do yourself a favor and check it out if not pick it up. It is intended as a generic resource with 5e, Pathfinder, and OSR cited...so MAJOR good book at 142 pages. It even has a Settlement Sheet for easy record keeping that seems pretty straight forward and well organized.

Quality of the book is excellent. The binding is solid, no warping of the hardcover, pages are not thin or tiny text...though they are a brown-tan in color but not dark enough to make reading difficult in low light (for me at least).

Link to check it out for pdf: https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/41 ... anic-Towns
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

maximus
Lore Drake

Re: City Building Resource

Post by maximus »

Looks cool, but $ 21 is steep for a pdf.

Go0gleplex
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Go0gleplex »

I just referenced the pdf 'cause it gave a chance to look at the book a bit. Even on their home site, it's 50$ for the hard cover...25$ for pdf. Guess they have to pay for the artwork and all...'cause there is a lot and mostly in color. But...I will say...it's totally worth the price given what is in there.
here's a link to the HHP book site which has zoomable sample pages. https://headlesshydrapress.wpcomstaging ... nic-towns/
"Rolling dice and killing characters since September 1976."
"Author of Wardogs! and Contributor to Iron Stars and Starmada-Admiralty ed."
"Certified crazy since 2009."

maximus
Lore Drake

Post by maximus »

Great, thanks!