COMRADES

Discuss the SIEGE engine, and SIEGE Engine games other than C&C, such as StarSIEGE, in this forum.
Omote
Battle Stag

COMRADES

Post by Omote »

"A post apocalyptic game where characters are pitted against an Earth in the grips of collapse."

This Siege Engine game was announced in the pages of Crusader #11.

NOW, this has my attention. Who can provide info... GO!

-O
VAE VICTUS!
>> Omote's Advanced C&C stuff <<

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

No idea, but this makes me less inclined to want to continue with any support for the system on my own. Oh well. Hopefully it'll be a decent game.

ssfsx17
Unkbartig

Post by ssfsx17 »

Nuclear wasteland, or just plain political / economic collapse?
C&C/D&D-related writings, Cortex Classic material, and other scraps: https://sites.google.com/site/x17rpgstuff/home

Class-less D&D: https://github.com/ssfsx17/skill20

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

All that I quoted in the first post is all that is mentioned about this game. Any more info would be kickin'.

-O
VAE VICTUS!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

Actually, on second thought -- this is good news. I look forward to seeing what comes of it. :)

Just means I'll have to try harder to make Ruins and Radiation even better!

sieg

Post by sieg »

I'd like to know what's going on with it too... Anyone know who's writing it?

How compatible will it be with C&C? Since the title "Siege Engine Game" can apparently comprise a wide range of compatibility.

More data!

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Post by gideon_thorne »

sieg wrote:
I'd like to know what's going on with it too... Anyone know who's writing it?

I believe this was a Steve or Davis project that got put on the back burner. As with all things TLG, it will be out when its out, and announced when its ready to be.

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

DangerDwarf
Maukling

Post by DangerDwarf »

I bet the T, B and A keys are wore out on their keyboard.

sieg

Post by sieg »

Yeah, Peter.... I know that. I work for TLG too you know.
I just would like to know A) Who's writing it...which you sorta answered...and thank you for that! and B) Basic setting concept.

The basic concept doesn't need to be detailed. Just a sentence or two would be fine. Is this Post-Holocost similar to.... Gamma World? Aftermath? Morrow Project? Freedom Fighters (implied with a name like Comrades)? Twilight 2000? Something entirely different in genre from the prior?
That's it! With Steve & Davis writing it, it will be a game of "Right Thinking" Arkansas backwoodsmen waging a lonely battle against Left-leaning, Hippy, Politically Correct Pinkos!
Guess we'll see whenever Steve recovers. Or I'll just call him.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

gideon_thorne wrote:
As with all things TLG, it will be out when its out, and announced when its ready to be.

Um, that would be Crusader #11 buddy. Consider it announced!

-O
VAE VICTUS!

serleran
Mogrl

Post by serleran »

I sem to recall hearing something about this a long time back, on the old forums, where it was something like a war game... so I'm thinking its mostly a fight to stay alive sort of game with emphasis on survival, not exploration, per se.

Omote
Battle Stag

Post by Omote »

Of course I'm not sure what the came is really about, but I think I'm going to run it a little like Fist of the North Star! Somebody's head is going to explode, trust in that!

-O
VAE VICTUS!

Mac Golden
Hlobane Orc

comrades

Post by Mac Golden »

It's an old project we were all going to write. Steve and Davis came up with it. People think Gamma World when they hear it, but it is not that at all.

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Twilight:2000-like?

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06

Mac Golden
Hlobane Orc

yea

Post by Mac Golden »

that is probably a bit closer, but the tone of the game will much different

gideon_thorne
Maukling

Re: yea

Post by gideon_thorne »

Mac Golden wrote:
that is probably a bit closer, but the tone of the game will much different

Considering the name, it probably comes with a bottle of vodka and in a red box.

*ducks and runs off*

Peter Bradley
"The accumulated filth of all their sex and murder will foam up about their waists and all the whores and politicians will look up and shout, 'Save us!' And I'll look down, and whisper 'No.' " ~Rorschach

Omote
Battle Stag

Re: yea

Post by Omote »

gideon_thorne wrote:
Considering the name, it probably comes with a bottle of vodka and in a red box.

*ducks and runs off*

Include two weapons of the hammer and sickle variety, and you have yourselves a fun-filled little game that I would love to watch being played.

-O
VAE VICTUS!

Julian Grimm
Greater Lore Drake

Post by Julian Grimm »

Hey as long as it can be adapted to play cold war era games I'm all for it.

Grand Knight Commander KoTC, Member C&CS

Donner Party Meats: We're here to serve YOU!

AD&D per se is as dead a system as Latin is a language, while the C&C game has much the same spirit and nearly the same mechanics. --Gary Gygax 8/16/06